AT&T High Speed Internet Service
AT&T Internet – Bundle or Standalone
High Speed Internet Coverage and Plans
No other Internet service provider is as well-known and widely-recognized as AT&T. Whether you're looking for a new high speed Internet provider or just want to replace your existing provider, we provide information about AT&T High Speed Internet plans to suit anyone's needs.
The difference between DSL and this Internet service is that AT&T
Internet uses fiber optic technology that carries significantly more data than
traditional metal wire. Fiberglass is used to transfer the data by using waves of light. So
when compared for the speed, they are both high speed Internet services, but with AT&T
Internet being much faster with its packages.
Inside the house, the Internet connection is controlled via the AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway which is a single unit that brings together all AT&T services – AT&T U-verse TV, AT&T Internet, and AT&T Phone – with built-in wireless home networking capability.
AT&T Internet Bundles
AT&T Internet Bundles have been built for a wide spectrum of customers, from those that have no special needs, to those that demand ultra high speed for their Internet connection. As of now, the highest downstream speed offered by AT&T Internet is 1000 Mbps (or 1 Gbps) (now called AT&T Fiber, formerly U-verse GigaPower – where available). Other than AT&T Fiber Internet service, the speeds go up to 100 Mbps - again, depending on the service availability.
Internet – Starting at $40/mo for 12 months + $50 card** – Online Orders
(Includes Wi-Fi Gateway and Access to the national AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot Network at no extra charge)
AT&T Internet is a base for services like AT&T U-verse TV and AT&T Phone, and is usually bundled with one or both of these services. It can also be bundled with DIRECTV and AT&T Wireless services. AT&T Internet prices are usually lower when this service is bundled with other AT&T services, like TV. For those that need Internet only, this service is available as a standalone as well (geographic limitation applies).
AT&T Internet Plans – Current Offers
AT&T Internet plans come at different speeds and prices, starting from 50 Mbps, and going up to 1 Gbps. In the following table, find out how much is AT&T Internet. Choose from the AT&T Internet service plans outlined below:
|AT&T Internet Plans||
|Downstream speed||up to 50 Mbps||up to 75/100 Mbps||up to 1000 Mbps (1 Gbps)|
|Introductory Price *
(12 months agreement)
|$40/mo.||$60/mo.||price/mo. varies, based on the location|
(prevailing price after 12 months)
|$70/mo.||$80/mo.||price/mo. varies, based on the location|
|$50 Reward Card||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Technician Installation||$99.00||$99.00 Included||$99.00 Included|
|McAfee® Internet Security||Included||Included||Included|
|Unlimited data allowance||$30/month or bundle with TV||$30/month or bundle with TV||Included|
|Start Now||Start Now||Start Now|
Click onto the Start Now button to check for Internet service availability and additional AT&T promotions in your area
All AT&T Internet plans include free Basic Wi-Fi.
Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T Internet services.
AT&T Internet – What's Included?
Your AT&T Internet includes:
- AT&T Wireless Gateway, which is the main device for communicating with the AT&T Internet service network. This also functions as a router that connects your home network together via Ethernet, WiFi, or a USB connection, so that you can have high-speed Internet for all of your home's computers.
- AT&T Mail which includes 11 email accounts with virtually unlimited storage, POP access, and Spam guard.
- Unlimited nationwide dial-up Internet access for away from home use.
- AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee® – Security software (downloadable), which includes antispam, antivirus, firewall, a pop-up blocker, "Address Guard", and Parental Control protection.§
- Access to the nationwide AT&T Wi-Fi network, including Starbucks locations.
- Access to free Yahoo! services:
- AT&T Yahoo! Messenger with enhanced voice communication. Allows voice-centric features such as call logs and voicemail
- Yahoo! Chat
- Yahoo! Games
- Yahoo! Music™ LAUNCHcast powered by CBS Radio – a streaming music service offering an extensive collection of music stations with a wide variety of genres and themes
- Integrated Flickr® access
AT&T High-speed Internet (or just AT&T Internet) is currently available in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Current AT&T Internet Promotions (formerly U-verse Internet):
- $40 AT&T Internet offer: Price for up to 50 Mbps Internet for new residential customers with 12-month agreement. Or, for a better price, get Internet in a bundle with AT&T TV service. Must maintain a qualifying bundle to receive advertised pricing. Prorated ETF ($180) applies if Internet is disconnected before end of 12 months. Up to a $99 installation fee may apply. Credit restrictions apply.
- $50 Reward Card for purchase of qualifying High Speed Internet online at att.com. Offer ends 12/31/17.
- AT&T Internet Security Suite included – powered by McAfee (a $5/mo value, included for up to 10 PCs with AT&T Internet plans). Available at no charge to customers who purchase High Speed Internet from AT&T with downstream speeds of up to 3.0 Mbps or higher. For AT&T High Speed Internet customers who have a service with a maximum downstream speed of up to 1.5 Mbps or lower, the AT&T Internet Security Suite is an optional service for only $5 per month.
- AT&T Wi-Fi Included (Wi-Fi enabled device is required for Wi-Fi access)
AT&T DSL High Speed Internet – Replaced by AT&T Internet
In the past, there were four versions of AT&T High Speed DSL Internet plans, featuring a range of prices and speeds. That has been replaced by AT&T Internet (formerly AT&T U-verse Internet) that offers the base for better services, including U-verse TV and AT&T Digital Phone (VoIP).
* Subject to availability. AT&T Internet speeds range from 50Mbps to 1 Gbps (AT&T Fiber), and are available in select
** For more information on AT&T Internet plans, please check AT&T's Internet service offer page.
Internet speed claims represent maximum network service capability speeds. Actual customer speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Actual speeds vary based on factors including site traffic, content provider server capacity, internal network management factors and customer device capabilities. For more information, go to att.com/speed101
* New approved residential customers only. Plus taxes. 12-month agreement
required. A pro-rated Early Termination Fee (up to $180) and Equipment Non-Return fees apply
if your AT&T Internet (formerly U-verse Internet) service is canceled before the end of
12 months. Includes 1TB data/mo. Unlimited data allowance may also be purchased separately
for an additional $30/mo. If you exceed your monthly data plan allowance, you will be
automatically charged $10 for each 50GB of data usage in excess of your data plan, even if
less than 50 gigabytes is used (up to $100/mo). Or maintain a bundle of TV & Internet on
a combined bill and receive Unlimited Internet data ($30 value) at no add’l charge. Up to
$99 installation fee applies. For more information, go to http://www.att.com/Internet-usage.
** $50 Reward Card for purchase of qualifying High Speed Internet online at att.com. Reward Card: Will be sent letter with redemption requirements. Redemption required. w/in 75 days from reward notification mail date. Reward Card delivered within 3-4 weeks after redemption to customers who maintain qualifying service from installation date and through reward fulfillment. Card expires at month-end 3 mos after issuance. No cash access. For cardholder agreement, go to rewardcenter.att.com/myreward/agreementFSV.pdf. AT&T Reward Card issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Offer ends 12/31/17.
† Fees may be applicable for additional receivers.
§ AT&T Internet Security Suite - powered by McAfee available at no charge to customers who purchase AT&T Internet services with downstream speeds of up to 3.0 Mbps or higher. For AT&T Internet customers who have a service with a maximum downstream speed of up to 1.5 Mbps or lower, the AT&T Internet Security Suite is an optional service for only $5 per month.
‡ AT&T Wi-Fi Basic. Wi-Fi enabled device required. Other restrictions apply. See www.attwifi.com for details and locations.